Hey everyone! Our journal club is meeting in a few hours, and I wanted to pass you some information.
- First, make sure you read Tom Hossie’s post on improving our meetings. Make sure you have headphones at hand, and check out how to use the Lower Third app!
- Tom White suggested we should have a text chat, so people not in the video hangout (because they’re shy or because the room was full when they tried to join) could follow the video feed and still comment on the discussion. It will also help us know if there are people in queue to join the hangout. I think it’s a good idea and we should give it a try.
1. On the main page, click the “New Connection” button on the upper left corner. (or just go to the direct link here)
2. Fill the login page as below. in particular, make sure the following is correct:
- the server should be irc.ipocalypse.net:6667
- the channel is #EBJClub
- if any of these two things don’t match, we won’t see you!!
- also change the username – if you’re on twitter, using your ID is a good idea!
ok let’s give it a try and see if it works! if it does, it will be a nice addition to the discussion! Once again, we will be reading the PNAS paper by Peter Nonacs on “Kinship, greenbeards, and runaway social selection in the evolution of social insect cooperation“. More details here.